Welcome to the EU Madad Lab III in Lebanon
Are you interested in how innovations can help tackling challenges Lebanese and Syrian people, and especially women, face in your communities? Are you motivated to make a positive contribution to women within your community, within the context of the Syrian crisis?
If your answer to these questions is a loud YES, we invite you to apply to the EU Madad Innovation Lab III: Women Empowerment, organised by the Qudra Programme. EU Madad Labs provides a dialogue platform where, you with your Lebanese and Syrian peers will participate in sessions regarding design thinking, creative idea generation, entrepreneurship, business development, impact assessment and a range of social skills. Together with your team, you will be guided to develop solutions to the challenges you jointly identify in the context of the Syrian crisis. You will be exposed to a variety of experts in the field, and will get to know and share ideas with your peers from Turkey, Jordan and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq/KRI.
During the final event of the programme, the Pitching Day, a Jury (consisting of representatives of commissioning parties, political partners and other relevant stakeholders of Qudra Programme) will select the most innovative ideas which will be provided EU Madad Innovation Fund - seed fund- to implement their projects.
The guiding question for the EU Madad Lab III is:
How do we foster women empowerment within Syrian refugees, IDP’s and host communities through innovation and dialogue?
Please apply to the EU Madad Innovation Lab III on Women Empowerment if you are:
- Motivated Representatives of local and international NGOs who already work in the field of women empowerment.
- Willing to commit to the all the training of ML III (mentioned above).
- Looking forward to work within a group to come up with an innovative prototype.
- Have great motivation to make a positive contribution to your community, within the context of the Syrian crisis.
- Are a team player and open to a diversity of opinions.
EU Madad Innovation Lab III: Women Empowerment
04 - 18 April 2019
Kick-off Event: 4 April
Design Thinking Session I: 5 April
Design Thinking Session II and III: 8 April
Design Thinking Session IV and V: 9 April
Free Working Session I: 10 April
Free Working Session II: 11 April
Design Thinking Session VI: 12 April
Pitching Training Session I: 15 April
Pitching Training Session II: 16 April
Free Working Session III: 17 April
Final Pitching Event: 18 April
25 March 2019
Facebook: Qudra Programme
Twitter: Qudra Programme
* The Qudra Programme is a regional action financed by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the 'Madad' Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) seeking to strengthen resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises. The programme is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Expertise France (EF), Spanish Agency for International Development (AECID) and Hungarian Interchurch Aid (Ökumenikus Segélyszervezet, HIA) in programme partner countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq/KRI.