EU Madad Innovation Lab
Youth and Digital Innovation
Looking for Participants
Are you interested in how digital innovations can help tackle challenges Kurdish and Syrian people face in your communities? Do you want to be part of a motivated team of young people and jointly develop solutions for problems that are affecting your daily lives? Are you ready to exchange ideas about digitalisation, design thinking, business canvasses and much more?
If your answer to these questions is a loud YES, we invite you to apply to the EU Madad Innovation Lab on Youth and Digital Innovation, organized by the Qudra Programme*. Youth and Digital Innovation Lab is a 6 -months program, lasting from June 24, 2018 to 20 Dec 2018.Over the course and workshops of 3 months, we together with Kurdish and Iraqi displaced as well as with Syrian peers, this is an opportunity to learn alongside some of the most interesting work and events happening, you will learn about technology, digitalization, entrepreneurship, business development and networking. The Lab will start with a capacity development program on design thinking, coding, electronics, 3D printing and various social skills. There will be a co-working space and mentorship support throughout the programme. Together with your team, you will be guided to develop solutions to the challenges you jointly identified in the context of the Iraqi and Syrian crisis.
You will be exposed to a variety of experts in the field and will get to know and share ideas with your peers from Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. At the end of the process, the prototype you and your team developed, has a chance of receiving support from the EU Madad Innovation Fund.
EU Madad Innovation Lab on Youth and Digital Innovation
End of June – End of December
Innovation Workshops: 24 June - 31 August
Mentoring ship prototype development: 5 July – 20 December
Presentation activities Hackathon and event of Robot contest: 1 September –31 September
Erbil and Sulaymaniyah - Iraq / KRI
14 June 2018
Please apply to the EU Madad Innovation Lab on Youth and Digital Innovation if you are:
- Between 18 and 35 years old
- Willing and able to attend a series of workshops in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah
- A team player and open to a diversity of opinions
- Motivated to make a positive contribution to your community, within the context of the Syrian and Iraqi crises
- Interested in digitalization and programing
- interest to learn new skills and create new things
- Curious about designing innovative solutions
Everyone is encouraged to apply particularly females, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The transportation of participants from other cities will be covered.
* The Qudra Programme is a regional action financed by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the 'Madad' Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) seeking to strengthen resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises. The programme is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Expertise France (EF), Spanish Agency for International Development (AECID) and Hungarian Interchurch Aid (Ökumenikus Segélyszervezet, HIA) in programme partner countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and North Iraq.